With more than 27 years of experience, we know the qualities and competencies that are most important:
A team dedicated to changing the lives of youth we serve.
- Our employees are compassionate, caring, empathetic, and have the ability to build relationships and use critical thinking to solve problems for members and their families. For example, in our Georgia Families 360° program, our dedicated team’s child welfare experience spans over 190 years.
Serving members in their communities.
- Amerigroup knows that children heal in communities. We work side-by-side with state agencies, providers, and stakeholders in a cohesive system of care that connects members, their families, and caregivers to community-based services that promote resiliency, safety, permanency, and well-being.
Promoting long-term success.
- Providing continuity for children and youth that have experienced a tremendous amount of transition and upheaval. We promote long-term success by shaping our solutions to address their current situation while keeping their future needs and challenges in mind.
- Amerigroup embraces a trauma-informed system of care that coordinates the child’s full experience – health care, child welfare, education, employment, and social services and supports. Our model centers on comprehensive service coordination that integrates physical, behavioral, and oral health as well as vision, pharmacy, and social services. We also keep an eye toward a child’s future, helping ensure long-term success.
Promoting choice in services.
- Our teams take the time to listen, learn, and understand members’ daily lives and long-term goals. We assist members and their families to reach their goals, support their independence, foster community inclusion, and promote choice in services. Our employees uphold the values of self-direction, self-determination, dignity, and respect in every interaction with members.