Medicare Advantage Plans From Amerigroup
The care you need to live your healthiest life
Amerigroup offers Medicare Advantage plans (also called Medicare Part C) that go beyond what Original Medicare offers. We want you to have everything you need to live your healthiest life. That’s why our all-in-one plans combine Medicare Part A and Part B with additional benefits you won’t get with Original Medicare, like coverage for prescription drugs, dental and vision.
What do Medicare Advantage plans cover?
In addition to covering Medicare Part A (hospital care) and Part B (physician services), most Amerivantage plans also include prescription drug (Part D) coverage. But they have many more benefits beyond that. Some of these include:
- Dental and vision coverage
- Membership to SilverSneakers®, a nationwide fitness program for adults 65+
- Coverage for hearing tests and hearing aids
- Over-the-counter items such as pain relievers, cold medicine and first-aid care
- A limit on how much you will pay out-of-pocket each year
It’s pretty easy to find a Medicare Advantage plan that fits your budget. Premiums, deductibles and copays vary from plan to plan and state to state. Amerigroup has many options, and there are money-saving programs for those with low incomes.
Can anyone enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
Yes, anyone who has Original Medicare can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan. After you enroll in Original Medicare, you can choose a Medicare Advantage plan from a private insurance company like Amerigroup.
Is a Medicare Advantage plan right for me?
Your health care plan is a personal decision, but we can help you understand your choices so you pick the best one for you.
- You already have Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) but want more benefits.
- You want prescription drug coverage included with your plan.
- You want extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like vision and dental.
- You like the stability of a large, reliable network of doctors and care providers.
- You only need prescription drug coverage and are enrolling in a standalone Part D plan (we offer these too).
- You’re insured through an employer or union that covers what Original Medicare does not.
Amerigroup offers Medicare Advantage HMO (health maintenance organization) plans.
With an HMO, you choose a doctor from our network for your regular care who directs you to the right specialists when you need them.
There are also Medicare Special Needs Plans (SNPs) available if you qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Amerigroup has useful shopping tools to help you easily find and compare Medicare Advantage plans available in your area. Take a look and find one that fits your needs.