Health Care for Our Nation’s Most Vulnerable.
Amerigroup manages publicly funded health insurance programs in 12 states. Our job is to provide access to better quality care for our members at a lower cost to taxpayers.
- We expand access to care by giving our Primary Care Physicians incentives to offer after-hours care.
- Our ER diversion programs lower costs and improve health outcomes.*
- We form partnerships to help members with disabilities get the support they need to live independently.
*2009 study of ER utilization in Maryland and Tennessee.
- We’ve created programs to help pregnant women bring healthier babies into the world. The preterm birth rate for Amerigroup members is 3% lower than the national average.
- We work with families to make sure kids get immunizations and parents have the tools to keep conditions like asthma and diabetes under control.
- We’re addressing the childhood obesity epidemic with nutrition classes and PowerZone® programs.