A leader in environmental sustainability.
We actively work to lessen our impact on the environment.
We encourage our associates to keep sustainability top of mind away from work, too. Our volunteer Green Team plans and hosts an annual Eco Fair to help other associates learn how to reduce and offset their impact at home and in their communities.
Amerigroup understands that true success hinges on our ability to responsibly minimize our environmental burden while continuing to improve the health status of our plan members.
To minimize our footprint, we:
- Save over 200,000 gallons of water each year company-wide by installing low-flow faucets
- Save the equivalent of more than 5,600 trees by recycling confidential waste paper
- Keep more than 1.5 million polystyrene coffee cups from entering landfills by providing our associates with reusable mugs
- Purchase 100% Green Power for our National Support Center Campus
- Are registered with the Environmental Protection Agency as a Green Energy Partner