To strengthen ties with the communities in which Amerigroup operates, and to cultivate relationships with diverse suppliers, we have instituted a Supplier Diversity Program.
This program provides competitive opportunities for minority, woman-owned, small, HUB-Zoned and other potentially disadvantaged businesses to furnish quality products and services to Amerigroup. This program supports diversity as a core value while ensuring that small businesses of all types are given fair opportunity and consideration in our procurement processes.
To maximize our use of diverse suppliers and to promote efficiency among all of our health plans, our Supplier Diversity Program tracks supplier relationships and maintains protocols for identifying and contracting with qualified suppliers who will meet our health plans’ needs.
We screen our potential diverse suppliers to verify certification as Woman Business Enterprise and/or a Minority Business Enterprise through:
- National and Regional Minority Supplier Development Councils
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- SBA (Veteran and Disabled Veteran certification)
- State Certification
- Adherence to established quality standards (ISO or other standards appropriate to the industry)
- Technological or service advantages over competitors
- Innovation in the delivery of goods or services, such as e-commerce or electronic data interchange