Overview and Introduction
How to Apply
Please see below for our funding guidelines and instructions on how to apply. Please note, the granting year has ended for 2013. We will begin accepting applications Jan. 1, 2014.
Is My Organization Eligible?
Only 501(c)(3) entities and qualified government agencies may qualify to receive funding.
Areas of Focus:
We support programs that:
- Ensure access to care and services by ensuring individuals can see the right doctor or service provider at the right time, including innovations in care and service delivery (e.g. telemedicine), free health services to the underinsured and the uninsured, and the provision of key health services not provided by Medicaid and/or Medicare
- Support healthy babies by helping mothers-to-be deliver healthy babies on time or by reducing premature births and infant mortalities through early prenatal care and other risk reduction strategies
- Promote health and wellness by improving overall health and reducing health disparities through prevention, cultural competency, timely immunizations and wellness programs
- Foster independence through assisting seniors and people with disabilities to live more independent, healthier lives. Examples include efforts to increase access to transportation, housing, employment, recreational, social and activity programming, food and nutrition, and caregiver support and education
Types of Funding
The Foundation invests in domestic initiatives that help transform health care with trusted and caring solutions. We support fellow community investors who commit to increase access to health care, keep health care quality high and reduce costs associated with quality care.
We support nonprofit fundraising and sponsor initiatives that reflect the objectives of the Foundation.
The Amerigroup Foundation does not support or provide grants to the following:
- Projects or entities that offer a direct benefit to the trustees of the Foundation or to employees or directors of Amerigroup Corporation or of WellPoint
- Projects or entities that might in any way pose a conflict with the Amerigroup Corporation mission, goals, programs, products or employees
- Projects or entities that do not benefit a broad cross section of the community
- Political parties, candidates or lobbying activities
- Benefits, raffles, souvenir programs, trips, tours or similar events
- For-profit entities, including start-up businesses
The Foundation is prohibited from making contributions to individuals, social entities, political parties or candidates, or for advertising or business-related purposes.
Our Awards Process
All corporate charitable contribution requests and Foundation grant proposals must be submitted online through the application links that can be found on the WellPoint Community Relations and Apply For Funding pages, using the appropriate application form for the type of funding being sought.
Deadlines below are subject to change. Please check this website regularly for updates. All deadlines are at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.